RPSC - Rajasthan Public Service Commission conducts the competitive written exam for recruitment of Analyst cum Programmers and Programmers. The Scheme & Syllabus for the post of Analyst-Cum-Programmer (Deputy Director) and Programmers is given below:
The Exam will be divided into two parts:
PAPER- I (100 marks, 2 Hours)
PAPER- II (100 marks, 2 Hours)
RPSC Syllabus for Analyst cum Programmer
Paper - I - Analyst cum Programmer:
- Reasoning Test
- Numerical Analysis
- General Knowledge
- Problem solving
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs relating to India and Rajasthan
- Data Base Management Systems: ER Diagram, data models- Relational and Object Oriented databases.
- Data Base Design: Conceptual data base design, Normalization Primitive and Composite data types, concept of physical and logical databases, data abstraction and data independence, data aggregation and Relational Algebra.
- Application Development using SQL: Host Language interface, embedded SQL programming, Stored procedures and triggers and views, Constraints assertions.
- Internal of RDBMS: Physical data organisation in sequential, indexed random and hashed files. Inverted and multilist structures, B trees, B+ trees, Query Optimisation, Join algorithm. Transaction Processing, concurrency control and recovery management. Transaction model properties and state serialisability. Lock base protocols, two phase locking. Different server multi user, multiprocess operating systems and requirement for client interfaces in distributed application environments.
- Data Communication and Computer Networks: Computer Network Architecture, Circuit switching, Packet And Massage Switching, Network Structure. Physical Layer, Data Link Layer, Framing. Retransmission algorithms. Multiple access and Aloha. CSMA/CD and Ethernet. High Speed LANs and topologies. Broadcast routing and spanning trees. TCP/IP Stack. IP Networks and Internet. DNS and Firewalls. Intrusion Detection and Prevention. Transport layer and TCP/IP. Network Management And Interoperability.
Paper - II - Analyst cum Programmer:
System Analysis and Design
System concept: Definition and characteristics, elements and boundaries, types of system development lifecycle, recognition of needs, feasibility study, prototyping, role of system analyst.
System planning and tools like DFD, data dictionary, decision trees, structured analysis and decision tables. IPO charts, structured walkthrough, input output form design, requirement and classification of forms, layout considerations form control, object oriented Design Concepts and methods. Software Life Cycle, Software Engineering paradigms.
System analysis: Feasibility study requirement analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Planning systems, Analysis tools and techniques.
System Design: design fundamentals, Modular Design, Data and procedural design, object oriented design.
System Development: Code documentation, Program design paradigms, Efficiency Consideration. Verification, Validation and Testing: testing methods, Formal Program Verification, Testing Strategies.
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
The qualifying marks will be the aggregate of written examination and speed test.