PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK INVITES ON-LINE APPLICATIONS
|Post code||Name of post||Grade/ scale||No. of vacancies|
|01||Electrical Engineer||MMG Scale II||3|
|02||Deputy Manager (IT) (with 2 advance increments)||JMG Scale I||201|
|03||Officer (IT-Banking Domain)||JMG Scale I||260|
PENING DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION : 13.08.2008
CLOSING DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION : 06.09.2008
DATE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION : 05.10.2008
3. AGE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND POST-QUALIFICATION WORK EXPERIENCE:
|Post Code||Post||Age as on 01.07.2008||Educational Qualifications|
|01||Electrical Engineer||Max. 33||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering|
3 years for B.E./B.Tech. and 5 years for Diploma holders
|02||Dy Manager (IT)||Max. 28||Degree in Engineering in the field of Computer Science/IT/Electronics OR|
|03||Officer (IT-Banking Domain)||Min. 21 Max. 40||Graduate in any discipline.|
1 year working experience in Core Banking Solution (Finacle) Branches in any Bank
(a) Selection will be on the basis of written test and interview. The question paper for the written examination will be bilingual, i.e. in Hindi and English, except for the Test of English Language.
(b) Merely satisfying the eligibility norms will not entitle a candidate to be called for written test/interview. The Bank may call only the requisite number of candidates after preliminary screening/short-listing with reference to the candidates' qualifications, suitability, experience etc.
(c) The written test will be held on 05.10.2008.
4. FEE AND POSTAGE CHARGES (NON-REFUNDABLE)
(i) For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC categories, there is no application fee except postage charges of Rs 50/-.
(ii) For all other categories, including OBC/dependents of servicemen killed in action, the application fee is Rs 250/- + Rs 50/- postage charges = Rs 300/-.
5. HOW TO APPLY:
- The application fee may be paid in cash, separately for each post if the candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, at any of the Bank's Core Banking Branches (CBBs).
- Before depositing the fee, the candidate must download a copy of the payment voucher from our website www.pnbindia.com. The voucher will be in duplicate. The following details must be entered into both copies of the voucher:
(i) Candidate's name,
(ii) Candidate's category,
(iii) Name and code no. of the Branch selected for payment,
(iv) Date of payment and
(v) Fee to be paid
- Thereafter, the voucher is to be presented at the Branch, along with the application fee.
- After payment, the candidate must ensure that the transaction id generated is entered into the voucher. The candidate's copy of the voucher will then be handed over to him/her.
- Payment of fee should be made on or before 06.09.2008. The date will be the same for candidates belonging to far-flung areas.
- To apply, candidates should log onto our website www.pnbindia.com. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- The transaction id provided by the Branch after payment must be quoted in the application and the original payment voucher must be produced along with the call letter at the time of the written test.
- Candidates will have to submit separate applications for each post after paying a separate fee for each post, in case they wish to apply for more than one post.
- Applications, once submitted, will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the application fee/ postage, once paid, shall be neither refunded nor held in reserve for any other examination.
- Application registration on our website will be open from 13.08.2008 to 06.09.2008. The last date for registering applications online is 06.09.2008.
- The candidate should have a valid email id. This will enable him/her to receive call letter/ interview advice etc. by email.
- Candidates should keep a printout of the completed application as well as a copy of the payment voucher, for their record. An ‘Information Handout' will be sent to the candidates along with the call letter for written test.
For more details please visit the official website for Punjab National Bank:
More Sample Question Papers:You can find more sample papers here: Computer, English, Reasoning, Maths, General Knowledge