We are providing sample questions for Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exams today. Many of you have been asking for important science questions for SSC recruitment. Science-based questions are very common in exams like Combined Graduate Level Exams conducted by SSC.
We hope that this short list of questions will help you start with your preparation. These questions are based on “Elements, Metals, and Compounds”. You may also download the questions in PDF format using the link at the end of the post. You may share the questions with your friends.
Important Science Questions
1. Which of the following is the lightest metal?
2. The most important ore of Aluminium is
3. The element present in the largest amount in rocks and minerals is
4. An alloy used in making heating elements for electric heating devices is
(b) alloy steel
(c) German silver
5. German silver is an alloy of
(a) copper, nickel and silver
(b) silver, copper and aluminium
(c) zinc, copper, and nickel
(d) silver, zinc and copper
6. Match the following:
A. Aluminum. 1. Monazite
B. Uranium. 2. Pitchblende
C. Thorium. 3. Bauxite
D. Lead. 4. Galena
. 5. Haematite
(a) A 5, B 3, C 2, D 4
(b) A 3, B 2, C 4, D 1
(c) A 3, B 2, C 1, D 4
(d) A 2, B 3, C 1, D 5
7. Diamond is an allotropic form of
8. Air is a/an
9. Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
(a) Ordinary water
(c) Boiled water
(d) Distilled water
10. Balloons are filled with
Please like this page to see the answers and PDF download link.
More Sample Question Papers:You can find more sample papers here: Computer, English, Reasoning, Maths, General Knowledge