Detail for 2nd IBPS CWE PO (IBPS Common Written Examination for Bank Probationary Officer) have been published. IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has notified the Common Written Examination (CWE) for recruitment of Probationary Officers / Management Trainees in public sector banks and other organisation.
Are you looking for the Clerical posts? Check out IBPS Common Written Exam for Clerks.
Online Application Starts:
July 22, 2013
Online Application Ends:
August 12, 2013
Download of Call letter for Written Examination:
After October 07, 2013
October 19 / 20 / 26 / 27, 2013
What is CWE?
IBPS Common Written Examination (CWE) will be conducted for selection of personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in the Public Sector Banks and some other organisations. The CWE for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts was conducted twice a year by IBPS, but has been limited to once a year now. Scorecards will be issued to candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks and above in each test of the examination.
Each participating Public Sector Bank will independently issue a separate recruitment notification, specifying their vacancies and stipulating the eligibility criteria in terms of age, educational qualification, experience (if any), minimum required level of IBPS score in each component test plus Total Weighted Score (if any) etc.
Participating Banks and Organisations:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Some other organisation may join
Eligibility Criteria (as on July 01, 2013)
20 to 28 years [relaxation as per GOI rules]
A degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Pattern for IBPS Common Written Exam:
Time Allowed: 120 Minutes (or 2 Hours)
1. Reasoning (50 Marks)
2. English Language (40 Marks)
3. Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
4. General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry) (40 Marks)
5. Computer Knowledge (20 Marks)
One fourth or 0.25 times the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty for incorrect answers.
CWE Score Card
IBPS will print the Score Cards for each of the qualifying candidates and will send the same by Registered/ Speed post to each candidate at the correspondence address specified in his/ her online application.
Score Cards issued by IBPS will be valid for one year from the date of issue of the Score Card. Candidates can appear in subsequent examination(s) to enhance their scores if they so desire.
How to Apply for IBPS Common Written Exam?
Candidates must apply online and no other mode of application will be accepted.
SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 100
Others: Rs. 600
Mode of Payment:
Candidates have the option of:
(1) ONLINE MODE of payment of requisite fees
(2) OFFLINE MODE i.e. payment of fees through NEFT enabled branches of the 19 named Public Sector Banks.
Process to apply online:
(1) Candidates should go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “Common Written Examination”
(2) Click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- PROBATIONARY OFFICER/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
(3) In case candidates are remitting their application fees through NEFT, candidates will have to enter their basic details including fee payment details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form. However in case of payment of fees through ONLINE Payment Mode the Application Format will consist of an additional page.
(4) Now upload your photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure II).
(5) Carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, you are advised to verify every particular filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
(6) After upload of photograph and signature, in case of candidates who have paid the requisite application fee through NEFT, a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
OR In case candidates wish to pay fees through the online payment gateway after the upload of photograph and signature an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.If the online transaction has been successfully completed a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference.If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then the following message is displayed ‘Your online transaction was unsuccessful. Please register again’ Candidates may then revisit the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in their application details again.
(7) After applying on-line, the candidate should immediately take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it for future reference. They should not send this print out to the IBPS.
(8) No acknowledgment will be given for online registration. However a Registration Number and Password will be generated and an email/ sms intimation will be sent to the candidate’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the online application form. If candidates do not receive the email and sms intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
(9) An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without the photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form will not be considered valid.
(10) Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances AFTER THE LAST DATE FOR Editing/ Updating application details specified. IBPS will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form.
(11) Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the IBPS’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
(12) IBPS does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the IBPS.
(13) Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
(14) Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application will bind the candidate personally and if found to be false shall be liable for prosecution apart from consequences in civil law as may be deemed requisite.
Note: There is a provision to modify the submitted Online Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct their details in the Online Application if any. This modification facility will be available up to 03.08.2011. After this date, no modification will be permitted. Candidates should take utmost care while filling in the Online Application. Please note that no modification in fee payment details will be permitted for candidates who pay fees through the online mode.
Download more details and apply online on IBPS Website:
More Sample Question Papers:You can find more sample papers here: Computer, English, Reasoning, Maths, General Knowledge