GATE EXAM 2009 Details:
GATE 2009 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, designated as the Organizing Institute for GATE 2009.
|1) Sale of Information Brochure and Offline Gate 2009 Application Forms||22 Sept 2008|
|2) Online application form submission|
|Last date of issue of information brochure and application forms:|
|1) by post from GATE Offices||17 Oct 2008|
|2) at bank counters||24 Oct 2008|
|3) at GATE office counters||29 Oct 2008|
|Last date for submissions:|
|1) Online application form submission (website closure)||24 Oct 2008|
|2) Receipt of completed Online/offline application form at different GATE Offices||29 Oct 2008|
|Date of the GATE 2009 examination||08 Feb 2009|
|Announcement of GATE 2009 results||15 Mar 2009|
1. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
2. Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
4. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AME by ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Application Fee for GATE 2009:
General & OBC: Rs. 1000
SC/ST/PD: Rs. 500
General & OBC: Rs. 900
SC/ST/PD: Rs. 400
Different ways by which candidates can apply for GATE 2009
1. Demand Draft:
From any nationalized bank in favour of Chairman of the corresponding zonal GATE Office, the website of which the candidate wishes to submit online Application.
2. Fill in the ONLINE application form
You will have to first register to access the online application form. For registering, you will have to provide a login ID, password, first name, last name and email ID.
You will have to FILL in the payment details also. Therefore, it is essential that before you fill in the online application form make sure that you have the Demand Draft as mentioned above. You must enter the Demand Draft number, the 9-digit Bank ID or the MICR No. (that is next to the Demand Draft number on the DD) and the Bank name for the payment details.
3. PRINT the online application form
After submitting the online application, you will be able to generate a PDF document of the online application with your specific details/data. You must PRINT the generated PDF online application form.
Application Form to be sent via Registered or Speed post to the Chairman, GATE of the Zone, the website of which has been used for making ONLINE registration on or before Wednesday, October 29, 2008.
It can be handed over personally to respective Zonal GATE Office.
1. Application Form
Candidate can obtain a packet containing
(i) OFFLINE Application Form
(ii) Information Brochure
(iii) Acknowledgment Card
1. Designated Bank Branches corresponding to each zone on cash payment.
2. Zonal GATE Office by sending a request letter and TWO self-addressed slips along with a Demand Draft for appropriate amount.
3. Zonal GATE Office after handing over Demand Draft for appropriate amount.
2. Fill in the BDS cum application form
Read the Information brochure. FILL in the BDS cum application form by referring to the chapter-5 of the Information brochure.
3. Obtain SC/ST/PD/OBC (non creamy layer) Certificate
SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) and Disability Certificate should be obtained from appropriate authority, if applicable.
Duly filled-in Application Form must be sent by Registered or Speed post to the Chairman, GATE of the Zone, where the candidate prefers (corresponding to the 1st Choice of Examination City) to appear for the examination, on or before Wednesday, October 29, 2008.
For more details please visit the official website of IIT Roorkee
Direct Link: http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/
NOTE: Please confirm all details from the official website.