Time Duration: 3 Hours
Number of Question: 200
Maximum Marks: 200
The written test is divided into three parts. The Part I is to test General Knowledge of the candidate. The Second Part will evaluate basic engineering skills, which is common for all streams. The part III is Specialization test which checks how well verse is the candidate with his area of knowledge.
Details of the topics is given below:
Part I: General ability test (20 Marks)
The candidate's comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested thorough simple exercises such as provision of antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks and multiple choice exercise etc. This shall also include questions on current events & General knowledge and such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of Diploma holder.
Part II: Basic Engineering (90 Marks)
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Matrix and Determinates
- Deferential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential equation of second order
- Fourier Series
- Laplace Transform
- Complex Number
- Partial Differentiation.
- Measurement-Units and Dimensions
- Laser and its applications
- Atomic Structure and Energy Levels
- Coulomb's law
- Electric field
- Gauss's theorem
- Concept of potential differences
- Concept of capacitance an capacitors
- Ohm's law
- Power and energy
- Kirchoffs voltage
- current laws and their applications in simple DC circuits
- Basic Magnetism
- Electro Magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction
- Concept of alternating voltage & current Cells and Batteries
- Voltage and Current Sources
- Thevenin's theorem, Norton's theorem and their applications.
Electronics Devices and Circuits:
- Classification of materials into conductor, Semi conductor insulator etc.
- Electrical properties
- Magnetic materials
- Various types of relays
- Switches and connectors conventional representation of electric and electronic circuit elements.
- Active and passive components semi conductor Physics
- Semiconductor Diode
- Bipolar Transistor & Their circuits
- Transistor Biasing and Stabilization of operating point
- Single stage transistor amplifier field effect transistor
- Mosfet circuits applications
- Multistage Transistor Amplifier
- Transfer Audio power Amplifiers
- Feedback in Amplifier
- Sinusoidal Oscillators
- Tuned Voltage Amplifiers
- Opto electronics Devices and their applications
- Operational amplifier
- Wave shaping and Switching circuits.
- Block diagram of I.C. timer (such as 555) and its working.
- Motivation Circuit
- Time base circuits
- Thyristory and UJT Regulated power supply.
- Applications and advantages of digital systems
- Number system (binary and hexadecimal)
- Logic Gates
- Logic Simplification
- Codes and Parity
- Arithmetic Circuits Decoders
- Display Devices and Associated Circuits
- Multiplexers and De-multiplexers
- Latches and Flip Flops
- Shift Register
- A/D and D/A converters.
Part III: Specialization (90 Marks)
1 . Electrical:
- 3 Phase VS
- Single-phase supply
- Star Delta connections
- Relation between phase & line voltage power factor and their measurements
- Construction and principles of working of various types of electrical measuring instruments. All types of motor and generator AC & DC transformers
- inverters battery charges
- servo and stepper motors
- contactor control circuits
- protection devices and schemes
- protective relaying
- circuit breaker
- generator protection transformer protection feeder and lightening protection
- feeder & bus bar protection
- lightening arrestor
- voltage stabilizer & regulators
- power control devices & circuits
- phase controlled rectifiers
- choppers dual converters
- power electronics application in control of drivers
- refrigeration & air-conditioning.
- Modulation and demodulation - Principles and operation of various types of AM
- FM and PM modulators/demodulators. Pulse modulation TDM, PAM, PPM, PWM, Multiplexing.
- Principles and applications of PCM.
- Introduction of Basic block diagram of digital and data communication systems
- Coding error detection and correction techniques
- Digital Modulation Techniques - ASK, IGW, FSK, PSK
- Characteristics/ working of data transmission circuits
- UART, USART
- Protocols an their functions
- Brief idea of ISDN interfaces
- Local Area Network
- Carrier Telephony - Features of carrier telephone system.
- Microwave Engineering
- Microwave Devices
- Wave guides
- Microwave Components
- Microwave Antennas
- Microwave Communication Systems - Block diagram & Working principles of microwave communication link.
3. Network Filters and Transmission Lines:
- Two port network
- Transmission Lines and their applications
- Characteristic impedance of Line
- Concept of reflection and standing waves on a transmission lines
- Transmission line equation
- Principle of Impedance matching Bandwidth consideration of a transmission line.
4. Instruments and Measurements:
- Specifications of instruments-accuracy
- Resolution range
- Errors in measurement and loading effect
- Principles of voltage current and resistance measurements
- measurement of displacement & strain
- forces & torque measuring devices
- pressure measuring devices
- flow measuring devices
- power control devices & circuits.
- Types of AC mili voltmeters.
- Amplifier rectifier and rectifier amplifier. Block diagram explanation of a basic CRO and a triggered sweep oscilloscope
- Front panel controls
- Impedance Bridges and Q - Meters.
- Principles of working and specifications of logic probes. Signature analyzer and logic analyzer
- signal generator
- distortion factor meter
- spectrum analyzer.
5. Control Systems:
- Basic elements of control system
- open and closed loop system
- concept of feedback. Block diagram of control system
- Time lag
- Linearity concepts
- self - regulating and non - self regulating control systems
- Transfer function of simple control components
- Single feedback configuration
- Time response of system
- Stability Analysis-Characteristic equation
- Routh's table Nyquist criterion
- Relative stability
- Phase margin and gain margin
- Routh Hurwitz criterion
- Root locus technique Bode plot
- Power plot
- Gain Margin and phase margin.
- Typical organization of a microcomputer system & functions of its various blocks
- Architecture of a Microprocessor
- Memories and I/O Interfacing
- Brief idea of M/C & assembly language
- Machines & Mnemonic codes
- Instruction format and Addressing mode
- concept of Instruction set
- programming exercises in assembly language
- concept of interrupt
- Data transfer techniques - sync data transfer, interrupt driven data transfer
- serial output data
- serial input data .
- Computer and its working
- Types of computers
- Familiarization with DOS and Window concept of file directory
- Number system
- Data representation
- Programming Elements of a high level programming language
- PASCAL C: Use of basic data structures
- Fundamentals of computer architecture
- Processor design control unit design
- Memory organization
- I/O system Organization
- Microprocessors-microprocessor architectures
- Instruction set and simple assembly level programming
- Microprocessor based system design typical examples
- Personal computers and their typical uses
- Data Communication Principles
- Types and working principles of modems
- Network principles
- OSI model
- Functions of data link layer and network layer
- Networking components communication protocols as X-25, TCP /IP.
- Database Management System-basic concepts entity relationship model relational model DBMS based on relational model.
Buy Books for Written Exam
Order Books By Post @ Rs. 950*