Last Date for Application: 18-12-2008
UPSC looking for 11 (ST: 02, OBC:03, UR: 06) Labour Enforcement Officers (Central) in the Office of the Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), Ministry of Labour & Employment.
Date of Exam:
March 22, 2009 (10 am - 12 noon)
Pay Scale & Classification:
Rs. 6500-200-10500/- (T.E. Rs.14333) Group B, Gazetted for the above posts.
* Sixth Pay Commission's Report has not been taken into account in the indicated pay scale.
i) Degree in Commerce or Degree with Economics/Sociology/Social Work as one of the subjects from a recognised University or equivalent.
ii) Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma in Law, Labour Relations, Labour Welfare, Labour Laws, Sociology, Commerce, Social Work/Welfare, Business Administration, Personnel Management or any other allied subject relating to labour from a recognised University/Institution or equivalent.
Experience in Labour Laws, Labour Welfare, Labour Relations or Personnel Management in an Industrial Organisation or a Government establishment.
Age Limit As On Normal Closing Date i.e. 18-12-2008.
Not exceeding 30 years for General Candidates. (Reservation as per rules)
- Inspection of establishments in the Central Sphere.
- Enforcement of Labour Laws in the Central Sphere i.e. Railways, Mines, Oilfields, Banks, Insurance Companies, Ports etc. Promotion of Labour Welfare in Central Sphere undertakings.
- Prosecution of cases of defaulters.
- Conciliation of Industrial Disputes, if empowered as Conciliation Officer, under the Industrial Disputes.
- Verification of Trade Union membership and acquaintance with trade union movement in general.
- Special enquiries on Labour matters entrusted from time to time.
- Intensive touring in different areas and residence in and out of way places
1. Candidates are requested to apply in the format published along with this Special Advertisement No. 54/2008
2. The posts are temporary & belong to General Central Service.
The persons selected will be appointed on probation for two years.
Liable to serve anywhere in India.
1. Written Objective Type Test with multiple choices answers will be conducted followed by Interview for selection of candidates to the posts.
2. There will be a penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question.
3. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Scheme and Syllabus For Labour Enforcement Officers (Central) Recruitment Test:
Duration: 2 Hours
Medium: both English and Hindi.
Maximum Marks: 100
Syllabus of the test comprises the following two area:
A) General Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
B) General Ability - to test the general awareness of the candidates about
- Indian Union
- International affairs
- Current affairs
- Management, Labour Laws
- Human Resource Development
- Public Administration
- General Science
The candidates will be called for interview in order of their merit in the Recruitment Test.
The number of candidates called will be a multiple of the vacancies reserved in each category viz. ST/ OBC/ General (Unreserved). RESPECTIVE WEIGHTAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT TEST AND INTERVIEWS SHALL BE DECIDED BY THE COMMISSION. A duly signed passport size photograph of the candidate is required to be affixed on the application format on the space provided for it. Candidates are required to send only one application in the prescribed format only for the post of Labour Enforcement Officer (Central). Applications without fee, photograph , declaration not signed by the candidate and not indicating the choice of Centre will be rejected. Similarly, applications received late and received from over aged candidates will also be rejected.Two self addressed envelopes (28 cms X 12 Cms. ) are to be enclosed along with the application. No other documents are to be sent. Applicants are required to indicate only ONE Centre of their choice in the application format under Column No.11(A) and 11(B). Change of Centre will not be permitted to any candidate under any circumstances. The candidates are cautioned that if any candidate appears at the centre not allotted to him/her by the Commission, his/her answer sheets will not be evaluated. The recruitment test will be held at all or any of the following Centres on the 22nd March 2009 in the Forenoon Session:- (For filling up column 11(A) & 11(B) of the application format).
PORT BLAIR: 37
Applicants are required to indicate only one Centre of their choice in the application. However, if any of the Centres mentioned above (except Port Blair) registers less than 03 candidates, that Centre will not be operated for recruitment test. Candidates opting for that Centre will be allotted some other Centre.
Region Codes (for filling up column 12(B) of the application format):-Please fill up the relevant Code No. as mentioned below correctly in Col. 12(B) of the application format published under this Special Advertisement No.54/2008.
1 for ABROAD
2 for NORTH EASTERN STATES
3 for JAMMU & KASHMIR
4 FOR LAHAUL & SPITI DISTRICTS OF HIMACHAL PRADESH
5 for SIKKIM
6 for PANGI SUB-DIVISION OF CHAMBA
7 for ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
8 for LAKSHADWEEP
9 FOR ANY OTHER REGION OF INDIA.
Please verify all information from the UPSC Website:
How to Prepare for the Exam:
To prepare for General Awareness Exam (Check all the Posts in The GK Series):
Sample Paper for General Awareness:
Sample Paper for Quantitative Aptitude:
Sample Paper for Reasoning: