Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistant (TTA)
Based at: Gujarat Telecom Circle
Conducted By: BSNL
Pay Scale: Rs.7100-200-10100
Age Limit: Between 18 to 27 Years of age as on 07-11 -2008. (Relaxation as per rules)
Eligibility: The Applicant must possess, as on the last date of receiving applications, the educational qualifications in any of the following disciplines from a recognized institute / university.
a) Three years Engineering Diploma in
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Radio Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Instruments Technology
- Information Technology
b) M.Sc. (Electronics)
- Only such qualification and streams as prescribed in the Recruitment Rules of TTA-2001 may be allowed. There is no equivalence provided.
- Candidates possessing higher qualification in the eligible stream are allowed to appear in the examination.
- Candidates possessing Three Year Diploma certificates are eligible to appear in the Exam irrespective of percentage of marks obtained by them.
- In case a candidates is possessing requisite educational qualification, irrespective of having entered the course in the 2nd Year through lateral entry level after 10+2, he/she will be eligible to appear in the exam.
- The candidates whose academic results are awaited as on 07-11-2008 need not apply.
General: Rs. 500/- in the form of Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft along with the application in favour of A.O. (Cash) of the concern Pr. GMTD/ GMTD only.
SC & ST/PH categories: No Fee
|Sl No||Name Of (SSA)||Vacancies|
|Date of Exam||Subject||Marks||Time|
|11-01-2009[Subject to Change]||Part I General ability Test||20||11.00AM to 2.00PM|
|Part II Basic Engineering||90|
|Part III Specialization||90|
Service liabilities: Normally within Gujarat Telecom Circle, but liable to be transferred any where in India. Candidates shall if so required, will be liable to serve in the P & T (Territorial Army) Signal units for the period specified in Territorial Army Act,1948 and the rules made there under.
Bond and Training:
i) All candidates recruited against the vacancies for direct recruitment shall execute a Bond in the format as specified by the Company to serve in BSNL for a period of two years from the date of their appointment as Telecom Technical Assistant, in the proforma as prescribed by the Company.
ii) The candidates who qualified in competitive Exam. shall have to successfully undergo training of Ten weeks in training center, failing which he / she will be removed for the select panel as per the training plan laid down by the Company before their appointment as Telecom Technical Assistant.
iii) During the period of training, the Direct Recruit Telecom Technical Assistant will be entitled for stipend (training allowance) as decided by the BSNL from time to time.
Pre- Recruitment training for SC/ST candidates:
After the scrutiny of the applications, the eligible SC/ST categories candidates may be given pre- recruitment training well before conducting the examination. The date, venue and timing of the said pre recruitment training will be intimated separately (No TA is to be paid for such training).
How to Apply:
Application form should reach the concerned Pr.GMTD / GMTD of Gujarat Circle as indicated in the table above latest by 07-11-2008. The cover of application should superscribed as "Application for the post of TTA in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for ........SSA"
Syllabus for TTA Exam: Click here
More Details and Application Form: www.gujarat.bsnl.co.in
Download Application Form: http://gujarat.bsnl.co.in/TTAexam.asp