Exam Format/Syllabus for SSC Section Officer (Audit) Exam 2008
Download Application Form for SSC Section Officer (Audit) Recruitment Exam 2008 [Removed after Last Date]
Selection Examination for Staff Selection Commission's (SSC) Section Officer (Audit) Exam 2008 will consists of two parts
A written examination comprising of two Papers
Paper I and Paper II.
It will be a Personality Test/Interview.
Details for Paper A and B:
The written examinations will have two papers to be held on single day in two shifts:
|Part A||General English||100||2 hours||10.00 AM to 2.00 Noon|
|Part B||General Awareness||100|
|Paper -II||Arithmetic||100||2 Hours||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM|
Personality Test/Interview (100 Marks)
1. The interview/personality test is structured in such a manner that the candidates' interests, knowledge, various traits, aptitude, suitability etc. are probed among other things, through academic qualifications, experience, extra-curricular activities, general awareness/knowledge, depth of knowledge of the subjects studied (10+2 onwards), communicative skills and over-all personality etc.
2. Candidates called for interview/personality test have the option to converse either in Hindi or English language during the interview process.
1. Paper I will be Objective Type Multiple Choice; and Paper II will be of conventional type.
2. Candidates have the option to answer Paper II either in Hindi or in English language.
3. Both the Papers I (Part B) & II will be in bilingual form (English & Hindi).
4. Commission will have full discretion to fix minimum qualifying marks in any of these paper or both the papers separately.
5. Paper II (Conventional Type) will be evaluated in respect of only those candidates who qualify in Paper I at the standard which may be decided by the Commission at its discretion.
6. Only those candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks (as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion) in the written examination would be eligible to be called for interview/personality test.
Syllabus for SSC Section Officer (Audit) Exam
Paper-I: (Objective Type Multiple Choice)
Part-A (English Language)
Questions in this component will be designed to test the Candidate's understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on:
- Error recognition
- fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc.)
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of words, etc
- Comprehension Passages.
The standard of questions will be only of the 10+2 level.
Part-B (General Awareness)
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate's General Awareness of the environment around him and its application to the society.
- Current Events (Matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person)
- Economic Scene
- General polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research etc.
These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Paper II: (Conventional)
This test will include questions on problems relating to:
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions
- Relationship between Numbers
- Ratio and Proportions
- Use of Table and Graphs
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Profit and Loss
Fundamentals Arithmetical Operations etc.