Panjab University, Chandigarh will conduct an entrance exam:
1. For B.Ed. (Regular) Session for admission to Colleges of Education situated in Chandigarh only, and
2. For B.Ed. 2-year course (through correspondence) 2009-2011, for in-service teachers being run by University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Centre of Examination:
June 18, 2010 (10:00 a.m. to11:30 a.m.)
Date of B. Ed. Exam:
Sunday, July 18, 2010 (10:00 a.m. to11:30 a.m.)
Sale of Prospectus:
B. Ed. Prospectus will be available at following post offices:
1. Chandigarh (Sector-14, Sector-17, Sector-36 and Sector-47)
2. Amritsar (Court Road, Head Post Office)
3. Abohar (Old Court Road)
4. Delhi (Gole Post Office, Cannaught Place)
5. Dharamshala (HP) (The Mall)
6. Hoshiarpur (Near District Courts)
7. Kurukshetra (Near Railway Station)
8. Ludhiana (Bharat Nagar Chowk)
9. Mohali (Phase-I)
10. Muktsar (Head Post Office)
11. Panchkula (Sector-8)
12. Sangrur (Head Post Office, Near Ghantaghar)
13. Shimla (HP) (The Mall)
Cost of Prospectus (including Entrance Test Fee):
1. By hand (on cash payment):
2. By Registered Post (Through Bank Draft only):
Request for the Prospectus may be addressed to
Chandigarh - 160 014
along with Demand Draft for Rs.1580.00 (Rs. 780.00 in case of SC/ST candidates) in favour of THE REGISTRAR, PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH drawn on and payable at State Bank of India, Sector -14, Chandigarh
The candidates must write their particulars and address on the backside of the Bank draft. Request for Prospectus by post will not be entertained after June 01, 2009.
(a) Eligibility for Entrance Test for B. Ed. (Regular)
Candidates possessing atleast 45% marks in aggregate in the Bachelor's degree/ Master's degree examination of a recognised University provided the applicant has offered atleast two school subjects at the first degree and post-graduate degree level. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST candidates.
In addition to the above, the candidates should have obtained atleast 25% marks in the Entrance Test in the case of SC/ST candidates, and 30% marks in the Entrance Test for all other categories.
(b) Eligibility for Entrance Test for B. Ed. 2 year course (through correspondence) for in-service teachers only
(i) For 500 seats: (for Punjab & Chandigarh)
The candidate should be 'teacher' serving in a recognized school/+2 level institution (College)* located in the State of Punjab and U.T., Chandigarh and having two years teaching experience** as on 30th May of year of admission, shall be eligible for admission to B.Ed. Course.
(ii) For 300 seats: (for all India including Punjab & Chandigarh)
The candidate should be a 'teacher' serving in a recognized school/ +2 level institution (College)* located all over India including the State of Punjab and U.T., Chandigarh and having two years teaching experience** as on 30th May of year of admission, shall be eligible for admission to B.Ed. Course.
* College teachers are not eligible; however, teachers having experience / teaching +1/ +2 classes in colleges are eligible.
** Two years teaching experience should be irrespective of the nature of job: regular/ad -hoc/contractual basis.
(iii) In addition to the above, the candidates should have obtained atleast 10% marks in the Entrance Test in the case of SC/ST candidates, and 15% marks in the Entrance Test for all other categories.
|Date of Availability of Prospectus including OMR Application Form||17-05-2010|
|Last Date for sale of Prospectus by hand||28-06-2010|
|Last Date of receipt of application form (without late fee)||18-06-2010 upto 4.00 p.m.|
|i. With late fee of Rs.1000/- (by hand only)||28-06-2010 upto 4.00 p.m.|
|Date by which Roll Nos. will be dispatched||05-07-2010|
|Date of Entrance Test||18-07-2010|
|Tentative date of result||28-07-2010|
|Date of Dispatch of Result Cards||02-08-2010|
Syllabus and Pattern:
Click for Syllabus and Pattern for B. Ed. Entrance Exam (Panjab University)
Download More Details and B. Ed. Prospectus:
Download Result for B. Ed.: