University of Jammu – B.ED ADMISSION NOTICE
Last updated: March 10, 2012 by Sarbjit+
B.ED ADMISSION NOTICE FOR THE SESSION 2008-09 TO NON GOVT B.ED COLLEGES
UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU
1) Availability of application form on University website: September 08, 2008
2) Submission of application form without late fee: September 27, 2008
3) Submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-: September 28 to October 07, 2008
1. The candidates must have passed their Bachelor's Degree Examination in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Commerce (under 10+2+3 or 10+2+2/10+1+3 pattern), Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Forestry, Music and Fine Arts from the University of Jammu or any other statutory University in India registered with the Association of Indian Universities and have secured at least 45% of the aggregate marks in the qualifying examination in case of General Category and 40% in case of disadvantaged sections like SC/ST/ Other Backward Classes(O.B.C.)/ Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control(A.L.C.) /Resident of Backward Area (R.B.A.)/Disabled categories (the principle of rounding of ½ mark and above into one whole mark shall also be applicable, meaning thereby that a candidate having secured 44.50% in case of general category and 39.50% in case of disadvantaged sections like SC/ST/ Other Backward Classes(O.B.C.)/ Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control(A.L.C.) /Resident of Backward Area (R.B.A.)/Disabled categories in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply). However, one sitting B.A. Degree (External Examination) conducted by any University in the country is not recognised for the purpose of Admission to the B.Ed Course.
Procedure of submission of application form:
The application forms can be downloaded from the website alongwith annexures. The form (4 pages ) to be downloaded on A4 size bond paper/JK/Modi xerox photostat paper and complete in all respects accompanied with a Crossed Bank Draft of any Nationalised/Scheduled Bank for Rs.700/- drawn in favour of "Director, Colleges Development Council, University of Jammu" payable at Jammu along with attested photocopies of all qualifying certificates/degrees must be sent to
The Asstt. Registrar,
University of Jammu,
by Registered post/speed post only so as to reach before the last date.
Procedure of Admission:
Admissions shall be made through Counselling on the basis of merit of the candidates at the graduation level. The Counselling schedule shall be notified separately on University website (www.jammuuniversity.in) and in the Local and some National newspapers. No separate invitation for Counselling shall be sent individually to the candidates. The candidates have to be personally present at the time of counselling at Jammu.
1. Candidates who have/will obtain B.Ed. Degree from the University of Jammu are eligible for Employment in Central Govt. and other states as communicated by the NCTE (Astatutory body of the Govt. of India) vide its circular No. 49/21/2005/NCTE(N&S) Dated May 31,2007.
2. Photocopies of the application form on standard brand A4 photostat paper can also be used.
3. The Demand Draft must be in the name of the Director Colleges Development, University of Jammu payable at Jammu.
4. No document/certificate will be accepted at the time of Counselling.
5. Application Forms by hand/Courier services shall not be accepted.
6. University will not be responsible for any postal delay and forms received after the last date(s) shall in no case, be accepted..
7. No INDIVIDUAL COLLEGE (except M.C. Khalsa College of Education which has been authorised to admit 50% of its sanctioned intake under minority status) or ANY AGENCY anywhere in the country is authorised to make admission of candidates to the B.Ed course on behalf of University of Jammu.
8. The Colleges can however, make direct admissions against management seats allotted by the University only out of eligible candidates.
9. The affidavits/certificates as annexures I, II, III and IV must be submitted in original alongwith the form.
10. Handbook of Information shall be provided to the candidates at the time of Counselling and no payment shall be charged.
11. Class work shall start from 10th of November, 2008.
The detailed information about the admission process is available on the website: www.jammuuniversity.in.
Direct Link to B. Ed. Details: http://www.jammuuniversity.in/upload/Announcements/pic490.doc
Download Prospectus from: http://www.jammuuniversity.in/students_form.aspCategory: Jobs and Recruitment
Tags: B. Ed./M. Ed./ETT