Syllabus and Pattern: B. Ed. Entrance Exam (Panjab University)
Last updated: December 13, 2011 by Sarbjit+
Panjab University, Chandigarh conducts an entrance exam for B. Ed. Entrance for Regular and Correspondence Courses. The pattern of the exam is like this:
Total Marks for B. Ed. Entrance: 75 (75 Questions)
Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
The Entrance Test is divided into FIVE parts of 15 Marks and 15 Questions Each:
Part A: General Awareness Test
Part B: Teaching Potential Test
Part C: General Mental Ability Test
Part D: Language Proficiency Test
(a) Punjabi 15 (Compulsory for those candidates who have studied Punjabi in matriculation)
Part E & F: Language Proficiency Test:
English and/or Hindi (Candidates who have not studied Punjabi in matriculation shall have to appear both in English and Hindi)
Those candidates who have studied Punjabi in matriculation will appear in Punjabi and English or Hindi; others will appear both in English and Hindi.
Type of Questions:
1. There will be four options specified against each question, i.e. A. B. C. and D out of which only one is correct.
Syllabus for B. Ed. Entrance:
Part A: General Awareness Test: 15 MARKS
General Awareness Paper will consist of:
3. Social Science
6. Art and Culture
7. Sports and Games
8. Current Events (Political, Social & Economic)
9. Government Policy of Education
10 Who's Who
Part-B Teaching Potential Test: 15 MARKS
Questions will be related to various dimensions of Teaching Potential such as:
1. Knowledge of Teaching Learning Process of Educational System including non-formal and distance education.
2. Audio-Visual Aids and Mass Media etc.
3. Values as enshrined in the Constitution of India
4. General Awareness of National Level Educational agencies and organisation of Social, Political, Economic, and Cultural Agendas.
5. Aptitude for Teaching Profession; Teacher's personal characteristics and their adjustments.
6. Classroom problems of learners and their solutions.
7. Adjustment problems of human relations with students, colleges and administration.
8. Examination, evaluation and assessment.
9. Library Usage.
10. School and Society.
Part-C General Mental Ability Test: 15 MARKS
Questions will be designed to test reasoning with Numbers, Words and Figures involving:
1. Number Series
4. Synonyms or opposites
5. Code, De-code
6. Seeing Relations
7. Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
8. Interpretation of Graphs & Figures
9. Evaluation and Inference
10. Blood Relations
Part D, E & F: Language Proficiency (English, Hindi and Punjabi)
In each language paper, questions will be related to:
2. Idioms and Vocabulary
3. Correction and Punctuation
4. Fill in the Blanks
5. Reading Comprehension
i) For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
ii) For each wrong answer ¼ of a mark will be deducted. A wrong answer means an incorrect answer or any overwriting or cutting or erasing or illegible answer or more than one answer to the same question.
Category: Jobs and Recruitment
Tags: B. Ed./M. Ed./ETT