Data Sufficiency (DS Verbal) Sample Question Paper
Last updated: December 16, 2011 by Sarbjit+
Data Sufficiency (Verbal)
Number of Questions:
Each of the following problems consists of a question and two statements labelled A and B. You must decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Using the data and your knowledge of everyday facts, make the appropriate choice from 1 to 4 as per the following guidelines and marks the same in the answer sheet.
1. If statement A alone is sufficient to answer the question asked.
2. If statement B alone is sufficient to answer the question asked.
3. If both statements A and B together are sufficient to answer the question asked, but neither statement is alone sufficient.
4. If statement A and B together are not sufficient to answer the question asked and additional data are needed.
1. Was Shekhar in time for the function?
A. He was late for the function by his watch.
B. His watch was slow.
2. Does Ramesh have more pink shirts than Manohar?
A. All the shirts of Ramesh are pink.
B. Only a few of the shirts of Manohar are pink.
3. The prices of farm products cannot come down unless fertilizer prices come down.
Have the prices of farm products come down?
A. The prices of fertilizers have not gone up.
B. The prices of fertilizers have remained steady.
4. Is K rich?
A. He is poorer than L, but richer than M.
B. L is rich, but M is poor.
5. Is F rich?
A. He is poorer than D, but richer than G.
B. Both D and G are rich.
6. Balan is famous for his presence of mind. He is either a professor or a detective. Is he a detective?
A. All professors are absent-minded.
B. No detective is absent-minded.
7. Do Y and Z form a brother and sister team? (The order is unimportant; it is enough if one of them is the brother, and the other the sister).
A. Y is the son of Tukaram. B. Z is the son of Tukaram.
8. Is Smith wearing a rain coat?
A. It is raining heavily
B. Smith never goes out in rain without wearing a rain-coat.
9. Is it true that none is poorer than P?
A. Neither Q nor R is richer than P.
B. P is richer than either S or T, but not both.
10. Only one boy stood first in each subject. Did Suresh stand first in English?
A. He got more marks than Verma in all subjects except English.
B. Verma stood second in English.
11. Are policemen strict in city M?
A. Taxi drivers do not charge extra fares (compared to the meter) in M.
B. The police commissioner is strict in M.
12. Jagdish is a great lawyer. Is he an eloquent man?
A. All eloquent men are great lawyers.
B. All great lawyers are eloquent men.
13. How many sisters does Usha have?
A. Prashad has two brothers and three sisters.
B. Srinivas is the brother of both Usha and Prasad.
14. There were totally seven people in the boat when a mishap occurred. Some of them formed the crew; the rest were paying passengers. Did any paying passenger survive?
A. Only three people who formed the crew of the boat died.
B. There were totally four survivors.
15. Was Pratap late for the function?
A. He was late for the function by his watch.
B. His watch was fast.
16. Is the dullest student in the class a boy or a girl?
A. No other student in the class is so dull as F.
B. No other girl in the class is so dull as F.
17. The introductory part is the same as in the last problem. Is it true that none plays football in Z?
A. Teetotallers play all outdoor games, but no indoor games.
B. Drunkards play all indoor games but no outdoor games.
18. Are L and N brothers?
A. L is the grandson of Z. B. M is the grandson of Z.
19. Is Chandran taller than his sister Shayamala?
A. Chandran is taller than all his sisters except one.
B. Shayamala is taller than her sisters Kamala and Vimla.
20. Is Kumar the Fattest among his brothers and sisters?
A. Kumar is fatter than all his brothers.
B. Kumar is leaner than all his sisters.
21. One among the children of Sudhakar is brighter than the others. Is it Pathi?
A. Pathi is brighter than all his sisters except the eldest.
B. Pathi is brighter than all his brothers.
22. The prices of three metals have gone up. Has the price of silver gone up?
A. The price of gold has gone up B. The price of copper has gone up
23. Is inflation still a problem?
A. Bank deposits go up only when inflation is no longer a problem.
B. Bank deposits have gone up.
24. Is Ramdas the oldest merchant?
A. The oldest merchant is not the richest.
B. Ramdas is not the richest merchant.
25. Is oil type A costlier than oil type B?
A. Oil type A is cheaper than both oil type C and oil type D
B. Oil type B is cheaper than both oil type A and oil type DCategory: Sample Question Papers
Tags: Sample Paper