Appointment of Nurses – GMCH (GOVT. MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL) CHANDIGARH
Last updated: December 16, 2011 by Sarbjit+
Advt. No. GMCH/Estt.-III/EA4/2K8/
Pay Scale: Rs. 5000-8100
No. of vacant posts: 35 (18 gen, 05 SC, 9 OBC, EXSM 3)
i) 10+2 with Science from a recognized board/university.
ii) Certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery from a recognized institution.
iii) Registered ‘A' grade nurse and midwife with State Nursing Council.
Note: Weightage will be given to candidates having higher qualifications, experience in the nature of duties
attached with the post, knowledge of computer and extra curricular activities.
AGE LIMIT (AS ON 01.01.2008): 18-25 years
RESERVATION AND RELAXATION:
1) Age is relaxable by 5 years for SC, 3 years for OBC, 5 years for Government Servants through proper channel, 10 years for widows/deserted women/women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not married. In the case of Ex-Serviceman up to 45 years of age, provided they satisfy the age-limit prescribed for a particular post after deducting the period of their service in the Armed Forces from their actual age and adding three years thereto, whichever may be more advantageous to them.
2) The reservation and relaxation in the upper age limit i.e. for the above category of the posts reserved for such categories and for the departmental candidates (GMCH) will be made, as per the instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time.
3) The SC/OBC/Ex-Serviceman candidates applying for un-reserved posts are not entitled to any relaxation in upper age limit and application fee.
4) The claim of the candidate to SC/OBC/Ex-Serviceman categories should be considered only when the same is accompanied by the certificate issued by the competent authority in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India.
5) No age relaxation will be given to the employees of Board/Corporation/Autonomous Bodies etc.
6) Backward Classes (BC) category candidates shall not be considered against the OBC category.
7) The reserved category candidates applying for un-reserved posts are required to submit the application fee of Rs. 100/-.
APPLICATION FEE: A fee of Rs. 100/- (Rs. 25/- for SC candidates) as non-refundable, in the shape of demand draft payable at Chandigarh drawn in favour of Director Principal, Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh. Physically handicapped persons are exempted form Application fee.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
i) The number of posts are tentative and can increase or decrease. The department reserves the right to withdraw the posts at any time, without assigning any reasons or without any notice whatsoever.
ii) The departmental (GMCH) candidates must route their applications through proper channel and also attach an NOC from the competent authority, failing which their applications shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
iii) The persons, who have earlier worked in this institute and their services, were dispensed with on account of misconduct or otherwise by this institute, are not eligible to apply against these posts.
iv) The application in the prescribed format along with Demand Draft and attested copies of educational qualifications, experience, Registration from Nursing Council, Date of Birth, Reservation certificates, No Objection Certificate from the competent authority along with latest photograph should be submitted, otherwise their candidature will be rejected.
v) Incomplete applications/applications received without attested copies of above mentioned certificates and testimonials and application fee must reach the office of Director Principal (Room No. 213, Block D, Hospital Building, Sector 32, Chandigarh on or before 30.09.2008.
vi) The advertisement can also be downloaded from the website www.gmch.gov.in
vii) No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test/interview.
NOTE: 1. Age relaxation shall be applicable to the posts advertised / notified for respective categories only.
2. For short listing the applicants, written test will be conducted, if required.
Jobs and Recruitment