Most competitive exams have a dedicated section of Reasoning or Mental Ability. Many of our students and readers find in difficult to solve questions based on Mental Aptitude. We will try and provide you material to help you understand some concepts with these "How To" articles.
Today, we will talk about Coding - Decoding questions.
Coding - Decoding
A code is a ‘system of signals'. Coding can be used to send secret messages. Coding is to convert the message into some signals & Decoding is to convert it into the original form.
In almost all entrance exams, Coding Decoding questions are asked in the mental ability section. Today we will discuss major type of coding.
Example: If MADRAS is coded as NBESBT. How is BOMBAY coded in that code?
(e) None of these
Explanation: Now you can see that in the above example each letter in the word MADRAS is moved one step forward to obtain the corresponding letter of the code. M is coded as N, A is coded as B and so on.
M A D R A S
N B E S B T
So code for
B O M B A Y is
C P N C B Z
Likewise code may be moved one step backward also.
Example: If T A P is coded as S Z O Then code: F R E E Z E
Ans: E Q D D Y D
Letters may be moved alternately one step forward & one step backward or vice - versa.
Order of letters may be reversed.
1. If COME is coded as BNLD, then CARE will be coded as:
2. If HIGH is coded as IJHI, then TURN will be coded as:
3. If LOAD is coded as MPBE, then PORT will be coded as:
4. If GOLD is coded as IQNF, then WIND will be coded as:
5. If SHIRT is coded as RGHQS, then ROUND will be coded as:
6. If DEAR is coded as FGCT, then READ will be coded as:
7. If EASE is coded as HDVH, then SEE will be coded as:
8. If SERPENT is coded as TNEPRES, then PLAGUE will be coded as:
9. If DEFENCE is coded as CDEDMBD, then NEED will be coded as:
10. If CHAIR is coded as FKDLU then RAID will be coded as:
11. If CONDEMN is coded as CNODMEN. then TEACHER will be coded as:
12. In a code language COME is written as 'XLNV' and ABLE as 'ZYOV', how would you write MOLLY in that code?
13. If CIGARETTE is coded as GICERAETT, then the word DEMONSTRATION is coded as:
14. If CENTURION is coded as 325791465, and RANK is coded as 18510, what will the figures 7851 represent?
15. In a certain code MAHESH is written as NCIGTJ. In that code NEELAM will be written as:
1. B, 2. C, 3. D, 4. D, 5. A
6. D, 7. C, 8. C, 9. C, 10. D
11. D, 12. D, 13. A, 14. C, 15. C[/sociallocker]