NATIONAL RURAL HEALTH MISSION, PUNJAB
Health & Family Welfare Department, Punjab
PUBLIC NOTICE - RECRUITMENT OF ANMs
1. Applications invited for:
(a) Approximately 514 posts of ANMs/ Multi Purpose Health Workers (Female) in the Sub-Centres under Central Government Scheme 2211 (No ANM is posted in these Sub-Centres at present).
(b) Approximately 954 (Later updated to 1940 via an Addendum) posts of ANMs as second ANM in the Sub-Centres under National Rural Health Mission Programme. (One ANM is already posted here under Central Government Scheme 2211 and this ANM would work as second ANM).
2. The appointment would be purely on contractual basis and the ANMs would get fixed consolidated salary of Rs. 6,000/- p.m.
3. Age: 18-35 years (Later modified to 18-45 years via Corrigendum in various News Papers). Relaxable in the case of reserved categories as per instructions of the State Government.
- Should have passed the Matriculation Examination / 10+2 examination with science or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution;
- Should posses a diploma in Multi Purpose Health worker (Female) / ANM from a recognized university or institution;
- Should be registered as Multipurpose Health Worker (Female) / ANM with the Punjab Nurses Registration Council; and
- Pass in subject of Punjabi up to Matric Standard
5. Last date for receipt of applications complete in all respects accompanied with attested copies of all the testimonials is 12/9/2008 (Later extended to 30-09-2008 via an Addendum)
Download Application format: www.punjabhealth.co.in
Send to the Civil Surgeon of the concerned district where the candidate desires to serve.
6. Mode of Recruitment:
- The recruitment would be made Sub-Centre wise and preference is to be given to an ANM who is resident of a village falling under the jurisdiction of the Sub- Centre. If no candidate is available from that Sub-Centre, the ANM from the adjoining Sub-Centre and then from other Sub-Centres of the block PHC would be considered in that order. If no ANM is available from that block PHC, then ANM from the other remaining block PHCs of the district would be considered. ANM from the other districts would not be considered for recruitment.
• The candidates would be selected purely on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination and ANM/ MPHW (F) diploma examination.
- The candidates may accordingly fill the requisite details of place of domicile i.e. Village, Sub-Centre and Block PHC etc.
- They may also indicate whether they would like to be recruited under Govt. of India Scheme 2211 or under NRHM Scheme or both.
7. Other conditions: The number of posts may increase or decrease and therefore, the candidates may see the departments website from time to time for the latest details.
8. Reservation: Reservation policy of the Govt. of Punjab will be followed in the recruitment of above category of staff.
Detailed district wise vacancy position and other terms and conditions can be downloaded from
department's website www.punjabhealth.co.in
For More NHRM Recruitment Details: National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), Punjab - Recruitment 2008